HP Wolf Security researchers have detected that the operators of Magniber Ransomware are running a new malware distribution campaign targeting Windows home users with advanced features.
The threat actors behind the Magniber malware are known to demand a $2500 ransom payment from infected users. In this context, it is recommended to consider the following security steps in order not to be the target of this and similar ransomware campaigns.
- Administrator accounts used in line with the need should be created by considering the principle of least privilege,
- Software updates or programs should be obtained from reliable and official sources,
- The data stored in the systems should be backed up at regular intervals,
- Comprehensive Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware solutions should be used,
- IOC findings related to the campaign should be blocked from security solutions in use.