Ransomware Trends Report | Q3 2023
Ransomware Trends | Q3 2023
A Free Guide to All IT Security Managers
Security professionals often struggle to keep up with evolving ransomware trends due to the constant barrage of information. We aim to help you filter this overload, present the second third of 2023 Ransomware Trends in an understandable format, and convert this information into meaningful insights.
Exploring Ransomware Trends in Q3 of 2023: Our Comprehensive Analysis
2023 Ransomware Trends: Key Insights
- Our analysts have identified staggering ransomware incidents across 27 industry sub-sectors with devastating consequences.
- According to the data collected by our team, the USA, UK, and Canada became the most targeted countries by ransomware attacks during Q3 / 2023.
- Brazil, Italy, and Australia saw a decrease in ransomware attacks compared to the previous quarter, they continued to be the target of attacks.
- The statistical distribution of these events shows that 34.2% of them were related to business, professional, and legal services, while 11.5% of the events were in the manufacturing sector.
- Industry-specific attacks, like 8Base Group’s focus on Manufacturing and Rhyside Group‘s focus on Education, Research & Innovation suggest that some cybercriminals develop specialized techniques for exploiting vulnerabilities in certain sectors.
- The highest increase was in July, with 382 attacks.